Perfect marriage for stage show
HOT on the heels of their recent theatrical offering, Big The Musical, Stage One Theatre Company turn their talents to another hit film – The Wedding Singer. This will be the London amateur premiere of the musical romantic comedy. Based on the hugely popu
HOT on the heels of their recent theatrical offering, Big The Musical, Stage One Theatre Company turn their talents to another hit film - The Wedding Singer.
This will be the London amateur premiere of the musical romantic comedy.
Based on the hugely popular, 1998 film starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, it is set1985 and tells the story of rock star wannabe Robbie Hart, New Jersey's favourite wedding singer.
He's the life and soul of the party until his fianc�e, Linda, leaves him at the altar.
Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own.
Enter Julia, a sweet-tempered waitress who wins his affection.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 6 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 7 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
The only trouble is Julia is about to be married to faithless Wall Street magnate, Glen.
Can Robbie pull off the performance of the decade and win the heart of the girl of his dreams?
Stage One founder, Jai Sepple, who plays the title role, says: "Like Hairspray, The Wedding Singer is a natural for the stage - the perfect marriage of a hilarious script and a sensational score.
"We are so excited to have so many talented people involved in the production; an incredibly talented cast under the skilled direction of West End actor, Simon Lipkin (Avenue Q, Wedding Singer, Footloose) with electrifying choreography by Harri Sepple (Cats, Les Miserables)."
This feel-good musical takes its audience on a nostalgic trip, back to a time when hair was big, collars were up, shoulder pads were in and a wedding singer might just have been the coolest guy in the room!
The Wedding Singer will be performed at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford from Wednesday to Saturday. Performances at 7.45pm (with a Saturday matinee at 3pm).