Perfect marriage for stage show
HOT on the heels of their recent theatrical offering, Big The Musical, Stage One Theatre Company turn their talents to another hit film – The Wedding Singer. This will be the London amateur premiere of the musical romantic comedy. Based on the hugely popu
HOT on the heels of their recent theatrical offering, Big The Musical, Stage One Theatre Company turn their talents to another hit film - The Wedding Singer.
This will be the London amateur premiere of the musical romantic comedy.
Based on the hugely popular, 1998 film starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, it is set1985 and tells the story of rock star wannabe Robbie Hart, New Jersey's favourite wedding singer.
He's the life and soul of the party until his fianc�e, Linda, leaves him at the altar.
You may also want to watch:
Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own.
Enter Julia, a sweet-tempered waitress who wins his affection.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 4 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 5 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 6 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Barking MP pushes for child poverty services under one roof
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
The only trouble is Julia is about to be married to faithless Wall Street magnate, Glen.
Can Robbie pull off the performance of the decade and win the heart of the girl of his dreams?
Stage One founder, Jai Sepple, who plays the title role, says: "Like Hairspray, The Wedding Singer is a natural for the stage - the perfect marriage of a hilarious script and a sensational score.
"We are so excited to have so many talented people involved in the production; an incredibly talented cast under the skilled direction of West End actor, Simon Lipkin (Avenue Q, Wedding Singer, Footloose) with electrifying choreography by Harri Sepple (Cats, Les Miserables)."
This feel-good musical takes its audience on a nostalgic trip, back to a time when hair was big, collars were up, shoulder pads were in and a wedding singer might just have been the coolest guy in the room!
The Wedding Singer will be performed at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford from Wednesday to Saturday. Performances at 7.45pm (with a Saturday matinee at 3pm).