Perfect marriage for stage show
HOT on the heels of their recent theatrical offering, Big The Musical, Stage One Theatre Company turn their talents to another hit film – The Wedding Singer. This will be the London amateur premiere of the musical romantic comedy. Based on the hugely popu
HOT on the heels of their recent theatrical offering, Big The Musical, Stage One Theatre Company turn their talents to another hit film - The Wedding Singer.
This will be the London amateur premiere of the musical romantic comedy.
Based on the hugely popular, 1998 film starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, it is set1985 and tells the story of rock star wannabe Robbie Hart, New Jersey's favourite wedding singer.
He's the life and soul of the party until his fianc�e, Linda, leaves him at the altar.
You may also want to watch:
Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own.
Enter Julia, a sweet-tempered waitress who wins his affection.
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Barking and Dagenham district girls fall short in final against Woking
The only trouble is Julia is about to be married to faithless Wall Street magnate, Glen.
Can Robbie pull off the performance of the decade and win the heart of the girl of his dreams?
Stage One founder, Jai Sepple, who plays the title role, says: "Like Hairspray, The Wedding Singer is a natural for the stage - the perfect marriage of a hilarious script and a sensational score.
"We are so excited to have so many talented people involved in the production; an incredibly talented cast under the skilled direction of West End actor, Simon Lipkin (Avenue Q, Wedding Singer, Footloose) with electrifying choreography by Harri Sepple (Cats, Les Miserables)."
This feel-good musical takes its audience on a nostalgic trip, back to a time when hair was big, collars were up, shoulder pads were in and a wedding singer might just have been the coolest guy in the room!
The Wedding Singer will be performed at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford from Wednesday to Saturday. Performances at 7.45pm (with a Saturday matinee at 3pm).