'He won't survive on his own': owner appeals for help to find parrot Barney
- Credit: Debbie Gifford Lynch
A Dagenham woman is desperate to find her wolf-whistling parrot who has never been outside before.
Debbie Gifford Lynch, who lives in Dagenham East, lost Barney yesterday morning (July 4) as she took the rubbish out.
She told this paper: "He always sits on my shoulder, because he's such a little thing, and when I went outside to do the bins I realised he was still sitting there.
"He flew off, and we can't find him anyway."
Barney, who is green and has distinctive red feathers in his wings, often says "what you doing" and wolf-whistles.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie has owned him since he was three months old, and said Barney is "so loving" and enjoys cuddles.
"He's very friendly, though he does bite," she added.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
"Please look out for him, he has never been outside by himself and won't survive on his own."