Plashet pipped at the post
PLASHET were pipped at the post by Phoenix in what was an exciting East Ham & District Triples Final, played at Salamander. The game had been extremely close until Plashet dropped seven shots on one end, which seemed insurmountable. That was until the pe
PLASHET were pipped at the post by Phoenix in what was an exciting East Ham & District Triples Final, played at Salamander.
The game had been extremely close until Plashet dropped seven shots on one end, which seemed insurmountable.
That was until the penultimate end when Plashet pulled themselves right back into the match, winning the end by six shots.
The Plashet trio of lead Harry Morley, John Cooper and skip Vic Byrne went into the final end one shot down to the Phoenix trio of lead Paul Harris, Ernie Hastings and skip Rom Harris.
You may also want to watch:
The suspense was felt by the players and supporters alike.
After all the players woods had been played and with only the Phoenix skipper's last bowl to come, Plashet were holding the head by two shots.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 8 Girl, 15, missing from Dagenham for ten days
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
That was until Harris delivered a superb last bowl into the head to knock out Plashet's holding wood, which gave Phoenix the win by 19-17.