Player verdicts - strikers
Carlton Cole seems to improve every season and this one was no exception. Helped by Zola and a lot of hard work, the striker improved his technique, held the ball up superbly and notched a career-best 12 goals for the campaign as well as earning an Englan
Carlton Cole seems to improve every season and this one was no exception.
Helped by Zola and a lot of hard work, the striker improved his technique, held the ball up superbly and notched a career-best 12 goals for the campaign as well as earning an England call-up.
Next season, he must be the completed product.
Dean Ashton started with a bang and two goals in the first match of the season, but by September his campaign was over, defeated by injury again, and with him out, the back-up proved inadequate.
David Di Michele flattered with two goals on his home debut against New-castle, but that was as good as it got and he only mustered two more in the rest of the campaign, while Diego Tristan, drafted out of semi-retirement, was even worse, scoring three goals while Zola continued to say 'wait until he is fit' - he never was.
Freddie Sears was never really given a chance to show what he can do, though when he was on the field, there seemed to be plenty of enthusiasm and not much else.
- 1 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 5 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 8 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 9 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
Craig Bellamy looked excellent and scored five goals, before jumping ship for the Man City millions, while Julien Faubert didn't play up front, but if he did he would have been absolutely terrible!