Plumbing apprentice at Barking & Dagenham College picks up top gong
- Credit: Archant
A plumbing apprentice who impressed with his hard work and dedication has been named trainee of the year.
Barking & Dagenham College student Nick Payne, 22, picked up the Craft Trainee of the Year 2014 at the Building and Engineering Services Association’s annual general meeting, on May 22.
The Rainham-lad works for building contractors J S Wright and gas been training once a week at the college as part of his plumbing apprenticeship with the Building Engineering Services Training scheme.
After the ceremony at Trinity House, central London, Nick said: “Winning this award has really improved my confidence. I am really thankful for the help and support that my company has given me.”
Nick’s lecturer Phil Kershaw said: “I’m delighted for Nick. He’s an excellent student, with the potential to go very far.”
You may also want to watch:
Paul Millington, from J S Wright, said: “Nick is a great employee who has shown he has great talent. This isn’t his first award win, and I’m sure it won’t be his last. We’re all very proud of his achievements.”
- 1 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 7 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 10 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors