Poison Berries one step from O2
TEENAGE indie band The Poison Berries, featured by the Recorder in January, are just one step away from performing at the O2, having made it through to the area final of the prestigious Live and Unsigned competition. The fourpiece – Matt Mason, 12, of Hea
TEENAGE indie band The Poison Berries, featured by the Recorder in January, are just one step away from performing at the O2, having made it through to the area final of the prestigious Live and Unsigned competition.
The fourpiece - Matt Mason, 12, of Headley Drive, Gants Hill, Kat Charkov, 17, of Armstead Walk, Dagenham, Joe Giddings, 17, of Marshalls Drive, Romford, and Dean MacDonald, 18, of Parkside Avenue, Romford - impressed judges in a live regional final at the Towngate Theatre, Basildon.
Now they will perform at the theatre again on May 22 in the London & East area final.
Winners from that will go to the national final at the O2, North Greenwich on July 10, where around 20 acts will battle it out for a two-year management and recording contract.
You may also want to watch:
The January audition was the first time The Poison Berries had performed.
They have since played at Cricklefields Sports and Social Club, Ilford, and The Bridgehouse II, Canning Town,performing all original material.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Drummer Matt, a pupil at Oaks Park School, Oaks Park, Newbury Park, said: "We've been working in the studio my dad built in my back garden."
You can download two tracks on your mobile. Go to m.ilfordrecorder.co.uk and click on downloads.