Police car in disabled bay
Further to your story some time ago about the council s CCTV car parking in disabled spaces. I was astonished this week when visiting Morrisons at 9.15am to find a police car parked in a disabled space, with officers inside. As a disabled driver, I find
Further to your story some time ago about the council's CCTV car parking in disabled spaces.
I was astonished this week when visiting Morrisons at 9.15am to find a police car parked in a disabled space, with officers inside. As a disabled driver, I find it hard enough to find an empty space due to inconsiderate people who are not disabled parking in these spaces.
There were no other disabled spaces at Morrisons so I had to park in the parent and child spaces.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to park anywhere in the borough for disabled drivers as they are used by people who don't seem to mind getting a ticket, possibly because the car isn't registered in their name therefore they cannot be traced.
You may also want to watch:
Morrisons unfortunately, don't police their car park, so this happens every day.
There were plenty of ordinary spaces that the police could have parked in.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
I did not see any officers in the store, but the car was still there 15 minutes later when I left.
Name and address supplied