Police car in disabled bay
Further to your story some time ago about the council s CCTV car parking in disabled spaces. I was astonished this week when visiting Morrisons at 9.15am to find a police car parked in a disabled space, with officers inside. As a disabled driver, I find
Further to your story some time ago about the council's CCTV car parking in disabled spaces.
I was astonished this week when visiting Morrisons at 9.15am to find a police car parked in a disabled space, with officers inside. As a disabled driver, I find it hard enough to find an empty space due to inconsiderate people who are not disabled parking in these spaces.
There were no other disabled spaces at Morrisons so I had to park in the parent and child spaces.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to park anywhere in the borough for disabled drivers as they are used by people who don't seem to mind getting a ticket, possibly because the car isn't registered in their name therefore they cannot be traced.
Morrisons unfortunately, don't police their car park, so this happens every day.
There were plenty of ordinary spaces that the police could have parked in.
- 1 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 10 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
I did not see any officers in the store, but the car was still there 15 minutes later when I left.
Name and address supplied