Police car in disabled bay
Further to your story some time ago about the council s CCTV car parking in disabled spaces. I was astonished this week when visiting Morrisons at 9.15am to find a police car parked in a disabled space, with officers inside. As a disabled driver, I find
Further to your story some time ago about the council's CCTV car parking in disabled spaces.
I was astonished this week when visiting Morrisons at 9.15am to find a police car parked in a disabled space, with officers inside. As a disabled driver, I find it hard enough to find an empty space due to inconsiderate people who are not disabled parking in these spaces.
There were no other disabled spaces at Morrisons so I had to park in the parent and child spaces.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to park anywhere in the borough for disabled drivers as they are used by people who don't seem to mind getting a ticket, possibly because the car isn't registered in their name therefore they cannot be traced.
You may also want to watch:
Morrisons unfortunately, don't police their car park, so this happens every day.
There were plenty of ordinary spaces that the police could have parked in.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
I did not see any officers in the store, but the car was still there 15 minutes later when I left.
Name and address supplied