Police chase ends in crash
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents. Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van near
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents.
Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van near the Roundhouse Pub, at around 4pm on Monday.
Paramedics were called and the 27-year-old man was taken to Queens Hospital, Romford with back and wrist injuries.
Barking and Dagenham Police has confirmed a police vehicle was involved in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Shelly Haydon, assistant manager of the Roundhouse Pub, said: "I went out just after the crash had happened and saw the man lying at the bus stop. His motor bike was further up the road. An ambulance was there within minutes.
"A customer told me the motorcyclist was being chased by police, which worries me because there were so many children walking home from school then."
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Barking and Dagenham district girls fall short in final against Woking
Lodge Avenue and Porters Avenue were closed temporarily and traffic diverted.