Police chase ends in crash
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents. Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van near
A POLICE chase ended with a motorcyclist crashing his bike metres away from children walking home from school, according to shocked residents.
Witnesses say the man was being pursued by police down Lodge Avenue, Dagenham when he collided with a van near the Roundhouse Pub, at around 4pm on Monday.
Paramedics were called and the 27-year-old man was taken to Queens Hospital, Romford with back and wrist injuries.
Barking and Dagenham Police has confirmed a police vehicle was involved in the incident.
Shelly Haydon, assistant manager of the Roundhouse Pub, said: "I went out just after the crash had happened and saw the man lying at the bus stop. His motor bike was further up the road. An ambulance was there within minutes.
"A customer told me the motorcyclist was being chased by police, which worries me because there were so many children walking home from school then."
- 1 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 2 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 3 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 4 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 5 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 6 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
Lodge Avenue and Porters Avenue were closed temporarily and traffic diverted.