Police fugitive in A13 smash
POLICE watched in horror as a man they were chasing leaped over safety railings and ran out into the A13 – causing two massive smashes. The 21-year-old fled from officers and darted across the eastbound carriageway resulting in three cars and a lorry cras
POLICE watched in horror as a man they were chasing leaped over safety railings and ran out into the A13 - causing two massive smashes.
The 21-year-old fled from officers and darted across the eastbound carriageway resulting in three cars and a lorry crashing, one of the drivers received minor leg injuries.
He then continued over the central reservation, ran out into westbound traffic where he collided with a car.
Paramedics, including the air ambulance helicopter, were called to Ripple Road, Barking, and the young man was rushed to Royal London Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
He was described as being in a serious but stable condition after suffering severe head injuries in the smash.
It was around 8.30am on Friday when police were called to reports of three men acting suspiciously in Castle Road, Dagenham.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 3 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 4 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
Officers arrived and spoke to the trio, but the 21-year-old crash victim fled, forcing police to chase on foot.
He was later arrested while in hospital for breach of parole.
Both lanes of traffic were brought to a standstill last Friday as officers closed the road for over three hours.
A police spokeswoman said: "The man crossed the A13 eastbound, where three cars and a lorry were involved in a collision. The driver of a Ford Escort involved in the collision suffered minor injuries to his right leg.
"The man continued across the central barrier where he was in collision with a Ford Focus on the westbound carriageway.