Police investigating incident near Barking Park
POLICE are probing a serious incident near the Barking Park miniature railway. The team of officers and a search dog unit have been near the Longbridge Road entrance to the park with an ambulance on standby since 7am today. They refused to give details
POLICE are probing a "serious incident" near the Barking Park miniature railway.
The team of officers and a search dog unit have been near the Longbridge Road entrance to the park with an ambulance on standby since 7am today.
They refused to give details of the investigation for "operational reasons", but said no one has been injured.
Dan Lipscombe, 30, of Longbridge Road, said he saw "loads and loads" of officers on the roof of his three-storey block of flats this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Richards, 72, of nearby Wilmington Gardens, said this afternoon: "There's even more now, six police vehicles, the ambulance is still there and there is a hell of a lot of unmarked police cars."
Officers are using a park lodge as makeshift headquarters.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
Insp Tim Lewis said: "There is no immediate public danger. Police are investigating a serious incident which should not impact on the local community.