Police investigating ‘unexplained’ death after body found near Barking church
- Credit: Archant
A man was found dead this morning near St Margaret’s Church.
Police and paramedics were called to Abbey Green in Barking at about 8.40am this morning after the man was found unresponsive.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and the Met says his death is being treated as “unexplained”.
Abbey Green has been cordoned off as police continue to investigate.
Serial killer Stephen Port, who was jailed for life on Friday after being found guilty of murdering four men, dumped three of his victims in and around the church.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have yet been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking