Police investigating ‘unexplained’ death after body found near Barking church
- Credit: Archant
A man was found dead this morning near St Margaret’s Church.
Police and paramedics were called to Abbey Green in Barking at about 8.40am this morning after the man was found unresponsive.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and the Met says his death is being treated as “unexplained”.
Abbey Green has been cordoned off as police continue to investigate.
Serial killer Stephen Port, who was jailed for life on Friday after being found guilty of murdering four men, dumped three of his victims in and around the church.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have yet been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 4 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 5 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 8 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 9 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 10 Dagenham boss hails squad options ahead of Wrexham trip