'Predator' faces jail
A SEXUAL predator who preyed on four youngsters including two teenagers with learning difficulties is facing years behind bars. Shaun Johnson, 23, of Sebastian Court, Barking, carried out 19 sickening assaults on the boys during a two-year reign of ter
A "SEXUAL predator" who preyed on four youngsters including two teenagers with learning difficulties is facing years behind bars.
Shaun Johnson, 23, of Sebastian Court, Barking, carried out 19 sickening assaults on the boys during a two-year reign of terror.
A jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court convicted Johnson of a string of offences including rape.
The pervert collapsed in tears as the jury returned its verdicts before being remanded in custody by Judge Wendy Joseph QC.
You may also want to watch:
The judge branded Johnson a "sexual predator" and warned he faces a "substantial" jail sentence.
Somerfield shelf-stacker Johnson will be sentenced on June 19.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
Jurors heard how Johnson forced himself on an 18-year-old victim who suffered severe learning difficulties.
The teenager, who cannot be named, wept and pleaded with Johnson to stop during the attacks in Beckton, east London.
Johnson also forced the young man to engage in an act of sexual intercourse.
He also raped and repeatedly molested a 17-year-old with learning difficulties, and jurors heard he forced himself on his youngest victim after waking the boy late at night.
Johnson exposed himself to the youngster on two occasions, the court heard.
The abuse took place between August 2006 and June last year.
Johnson's ex-girlfriend told the court how he showed her 'no affection' and used her as his "beard" of heterosexuality to prey on boys.
She later became "suspicious" of Johnson's interest in the youngsters and finished their sham relationship, she said.
Johnson denied abusing the boys, claiming he enjoyed innocent "play fights" with his victims in which he pretended to be WWE's The Undertaker.
Johnson was convicted of six counts of sexual activity with a male, four counts sexual assault, seven counts of sexual activity with a person with a mental disorder impeding choice, inciting a male child to engage in sexual activity and rape.