'Predator' faces jail
A SEXUAL predator who preyed on four youngsters including two teenagers with learning difficulties is facing years behind bars. Shaun Johnson, 23, of Sebastian Court, Barking, carried out 19 sickening assaults on the boys during a two-year reign of ter
A "SEXUAL predator" who preyed on four youngsters including two teenagers with learning difficulties is facing years behind bars.
Shaun Johnson, 23, of Sebastian Court, Barking, carried out 19 sickening assaults on the boys during a two-year reign of terror.
A jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court convicted Johnson of a string of offences including rape.
The pervert collapsed in tears as the jury returned its verdicts before being remanded in custody by Judge Wendy Joseph QC.
You may also want to watch:
The judge branded Johnson a "sexual predator" and warned he faces a "substantial" jail sentence.
Somerfield shelf-stacker Johnson will be sentenced on June 19.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 Dagenham showed 'mental strength' in FA Cup win over Wealdstone
Jurors heard how Johnson forced himself on an 18-year-old victim who suffered severe learning difficulties.
The teenager, who cannot be named, wept and pleaded with Johnson to stop during the attacks in Beckton, east London.
Johnson also forced the young man to engage in an act of sexual intercourse.
He also raped and repeatedly molested a 17-year-old with learning difficulties, and jurors heard he forced himself on his youngest victim after waking the boy late at night.
Johnson exposed himself to the youngster on two occasions, the court heard.
The abuse took place between August 2006 and June last year.
Johnson's ex-girlfriend told the court how he showed her 'no affection' and used her as his "beard" of heterosexuality to prey on boys.
She later became "suspicious" of Johnson's interest in the youngsters and finished their sham relationship, she said.
Johnson denied abusing the boys, claiming he enjoyed innocent "play fights" with his victims in which he pretended to be WWE's The Undertaker.
Johnson was convicted of six counts of sexual activity with a male, four counts sexual assault, seven counts of sexual activity with a person with a mental disorder impeding choice, inciting a male child to engage in sexual activity and rape.