Purdy’s strike seals West Ham’s youth cup progress
DANNY PURDY struck in extra time to give West Ham a 1-0 win at Plymouth Argyle in the third round of the FA Youth Cup last night. The Irish youth international made the breakthrough in the 104th minute of the game when he capitalized on a defensive error
DANNY PURDY struck in extra time to give West Ham a 1-0 win at Plymouth Argyle in the third round of the FA Youth Cup last night.
The Irish youth international made the breakthrough in the 104th minute of the game when he capitalized on a defensive error before firing into the bottom corner, off the inside of the post.
Prior to the goal, their best chance of the contest came through Robert Hall, whose 25-yard shot rebounded off the upright.
The Hammers are yet to find out their fourth round opponents but the game will be played on Saturday, January 16, 2010.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham: Loveday, Modelski (Driver 87), Craig, Sanchez, Brown, Moncur, Barrett (Purdy 99), Wearen, Abdulla, Montano, Hall (Lampe 106). Subs not used: Mehmet, Subuola.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham