Push out the dinner party boat with this lamb dish
OUR friends at New Zealand Lamb offer up this tasty treat of CONTINENTAL LAMB ROAST. Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 1 1 hour Serves: 4 Ingredients 1 leg New Zealand Lamb 2 cloves garlic cut into slivers 1 l
OUR friends at New Zealand Lamb offer up this tasty treat of CONTINENTAL LAMB ROAST.
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 1 1/2 hour Serves: 4
1/2 leg New Zealand Lamb
You may also want to watch:
2 cloves garlic cut into slivers
1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 6 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 aubergine, cut into chunks
1 large courgette, cut into chunks
30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
8 whole cloves garlic
fresh bay leaves
Preheat oven to 180d (350dF) gas Mark 4.
Weigh the lamb and calculate the cooking time at 25 minutes to the 450g (1lb) plus 25 minutes extra.
Using a small sharp pointed knife make incisions into the meat at intervals of approx 2 inches and push a sliver of garlic into each.
Put the onion, pepper, aubergine and courgette into a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and then drain and dry.
Heat the oil in a roasting tin. Add the garlic with the blanched vegetables and toss them in the oil so they are well coated. Sprinkle with seasoning and add the bay leaves.
Nestle the lamb into the centre of the vegetables and cook for the calculated time, turning the meat and vegetables several time as they cook.
Serve the joint surrounded by the vegetables.
Cook's tips! Prepare the meat and the vegetables in advance and store separately in a cool place for until ready to cook. To complete the meal, cook jacket potatoes in the oven at the same time.