Push out the dinner party boat with this lamb dish
OUR friends at New Zealand Lamb offer up this tasty treat of CONTINENTAL LAMB ROAST. Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 1 1 hour Serves: 4 Ingredients 1 leg New Zealand Lamb 2 cloves garlic cut into slivers 1 l
OUR friends at New Zealand Lamb offer up this tasty treat of CONTINENTAL LAMB ROAST.
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 1 1/2 hour Serves: 4
1/2 leg New Zealand Lamb
2 cloves garlic cut into slivers
1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 aubergine, cut into chunks
1 large courgette, cut into chunks
30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
8 whole cloves garlic
fresh bay leaves
Preheat oven to 180d (350dF) gas Mark 4.
Weigh the lamb and calculate the cooking time at 25 minutes to the 450g (1lb) plus 25 minutes extra.
Using a small sharp pointed knife make incisions into the meat at intervals of approx 2 inches and push a sliver of garlic into each.
Put the onion, pepper, aubergine and courgette into a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and then drain and dry.
Heat the oil in a roasting tin. Add the garlic with the blanched vegetables and toss them in the oil so they are well coated. Sprinkle with seasoning and add the bay leaves.
Nestle the lamb into the centre of the vegetables and cook for the calculated time, turning the meat and vegetables several time as they cook.
Serve the joint surrounded by the vegetables.
Cook's tips! Prepare the meat and the vegetables in advance and store separately in a cool place for until ready to cook. To complete the meal, cook jacket potatoes in the oven at the same time.