Putting the record straight
I refer to the letter from Mr Sampson which stresses the importance of getting the facts straight in last week s Postbag ( You can fool some of the people some of the time ). He has suggested that the Council has entered into a deal to move immigrant
I refer to the letter from Mr Sampson which stresses the importance of getting the facts straight in last week's Postbag ('You can fool some of the people some of the time').
He has suggested that the Council has entered into a 'deal' to move 'immigrant families' to the head of the housing queue.
Let me reassure the people of Barking and Dagenham that no deal of this kind has ever been in place in our borough.
We operate a More Choice in Lettings policy which ensures everyone is treated fairly and equally without discriminating against any group of people.
You may also want to watch:
If a person is legally entitled to live in Britain they are judged under exactly the same criteria as everyone else.
In the context of a declining housing stock of our own the Council is working very hard with private developers, housing associations and our own shortly to be formed Local Housing Company to provide more new homes and choice for local people.
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 3 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 7 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 8 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
Divisional Director of Housing
Barking and Dagenham Council