Putting the record straight
I refer to the letter from Mr Sampson which stresses the importance of getting the facts straight in last week s Postbag ( You can fool some of the people some of the time ). He has suggested that the Council has entered into a deal to move immigrant
I refer to the letter from Mr Sampson which stresses the importance of getting the facts straight in last week's Postbag ('You can fool some of the people some of the time').
He has suggested that the Council has entered into a 'deal' to move 'immigrant families' to the head of the housing queue.
Let me reassure the people of Barking and Dagenham that no deal of this kind has ever been in place in our borough.
We operate a More Choice in Lettings policy which ensures everyone is treated fairly and equally without discriminating against any group of people.
You may also want to watch:
If a person is legally entitled to live in Britain they are judged under exactly the same criteria as everyone else.
In the context of a declining housing stock of our own the Council is working very hard with private developers, housing associations and our own shortly to be formed Local Housing Company to provide more new homes and choice for local people.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
Divisional Director of Housing
Barking and Dagenham Council