Quartet in battle to be fit
Carlton Cole, James Collins, Savio and Kyel Reid are all battling to be drafted into the West Ham squad for Saturday evening s clash with Liverpool. Scott Parker remains on the sidelines and could miss the rest of the season, but with Jack Collison unexpe
Carlton Cole, James Collins, Savio and Kyel Reid are all battling to be drafted into the West Ham squad for Saturday evening's clash with Liverpool.
Scott Parker remains on the sidelines and could miss the rest of the season, but with Jack Collison unexpectedly returning to the bench last weekend after Kieron Dyer suffered a training ground injury, things are looking up.
Dyer is likely to miss out again, but Savio is now fully fit and may well get the nod ahead of fellow youngster Junior Stanislas, who has started the last five games.
Reid may have something to say about that however. He has just returned from his successful loan spell at Championship winners Wolves, and is keen to get the oppportunity to impress manager Gianfranco Zola before the end of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Collins should be fit for Saturday, though he may have to settle for a place on the bench, while Jordan Spence, who had been on loan at Leyton Orient since January is also in contention for a substitute's spot.
The crucial one is Cole though. He didn't train on Monday or Tuesday, but he still has a chance of making it on Saturday, if he can step up his work before the end of the week.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed