Raval on form as Parks are beaten
Old Parks 76 lost to Wanstead 247-6 by 171 runs OLD PARKS under-16s were well-beaten by Wanstead in the Matchplay competition. Parks bowled well to restrict Wanstead to 105-6 from 22 overs, but then a seventh-wicket partnership of 142 took the Herons to
Old Parks 76 lost to
Wanstead 247-6 by 171 runs
OLD PARKS under-16s were well-beaten by Wanstead in the Matchplay competition.
Parks bowled well to restrict Wanstead to 105-6 from 22 overs, but then a seventh-wicket partnership of 142 took the Herons to 247-6 from 40 overs.
Fourteen-year-old spinner Ravi Raval was the pick of the Parks attack, finishing with 3-25 from eight overs.
When Old Parks batted, they lost a wicket in the first over, but Raval (22) and Sagar Patel (37) put on 66 for the second wicket.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 7 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 8 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 9 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 10 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
Wanstead's two excellent spinners then took total control, to dismiss Parks for just 76.
Old Parks 139-5 beat
West Essex 40 by 99 runs
A FINE all-round performance saw Old Parks under-13s demolish West Essex in the Len Stentiford Cup.
After batting first, Shane Vamadevan made 32 before retiring, while Inquiyad Chowdhury (22 not out) and Taariq Bharuchi (24 not out) helped the team to a total of 139-5.
Hassan Chandhry then claimed three wickets, while Vikram Handa and Taariq Bharuchi, Parks chipped in with two victims as West Essex were out for 40.