Raval on form as Parks are beaten
Old Parks 76 lost to Wanstead 247-6 by 171 runs OLD PARKS under-16s were well-beaten by Wanstead in the Matchplay competition. Parks bowled well to restrict Wanstead to 105-6 from 22 overs, but then a seventh-wicket partnership of 142 took the Herons to
Old Parks 76 lost to
Wanstead 247-6 by 171 runs
OLD PARKS under-16s were well-beaten by Wanstead in the Matchplay competition.
Parks bowled well to restrict Wanstead to 105-6 from 22 overs, but then a seventh-wicket partnership of 142 took the Herons to 247-6 from 40 overs.
Fourteen-year-old spinner Ravi Raval was the pick of the Parks attack, finishing with 3-25 from eight overs.
When Old Parks batted, they lost a wicket in the first over, but Raval (22) and Sagar Patel (37) put on 66 for the second wicket.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 10 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
Wanstead's two excellent spinners then took total control, to dismiss Parks for just 76.
Old Parks 139-5 beat
West Essex 40 by 99 runs
A FINE all-round performance saw Old Parks under-13s demolish West Essex in the Len Stentiford Cup.
After batting first, Shane Vamadevan made 32 before retiring, while Inquiyad Chowdhury (22 not out) and Taariq Bharuchi (24 not out) helped the team to a total of 139-5.
Hassan Chandhry then claimed three wickets, while Vikram Handa and Taariq Bharuchi, Parks chipped in with two victims as West Essex were out for 40.