Real gem takes us back over 80 years!
WE go back to the heady days of 1928 for this week s Days of the Old School Yard. It is sent in by an anonymous contributor, and features Class 3 at Lathom Road school in East Ham, all those years ago. We hope it will bring back happy memories for those f
WE go back to the heady days of 1928 for this week's Days of the Old School Yard.
It is sent in by an anonymous contributor, and features Class 3 at Lathom Road school in East Ham, all those years ago.
We hope it will bring back happy memories for those featured.
Names have been supplied courtesy of the sender of the lovely picture.
You may also want to watch:
He says the names of those in the back row, left to right, are Green, Gardner, Farringdon, Nash, Smith, Cannell, Kramer, Brown,. Harfield, Pinner and Winton.
In the third row are pupils Bushell, Hartley, Hailstone, Kennard, Easterby, Eggleton, Saunders, Westaway, Ward, Haines and Meachin.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
In the second row, the lads shown here are: Maw, Sibley, Paddock, S.Lloyd, form master Mr A Francis, headteacher r W Harris, and pupils G.Lloyd, K. Butler and A Butler.
In the front row those shown are Gatwoood, Smallwood, H.Newman, S .Newman, Furness, Hoy, Crawford, Weedon and Angell.
In there is anyone out there in their latter years who can shed more light on the picture, that would be great.