Real gem takes us back over 80 years!
WE go back to the heady days of 1928 for this week s Days of the Old School Yard. It is sent in by an anonymous contributor, and features Class 3 at Lathom Road school in East Ham, all those years ago. We hope it will bring back happy memories for those f
WE go back to the heady days of 1928 for this week's Days of the Old School Yard.
It is sent in by an anonymous contributor, and features Class 3 at Lathom Road school in East Ham, all those years ago.
We hope it will bring back happy memories for those featured.
Names have been supplied courtesy of the sender of the lovely picture.
He says the names of those in the back row, left to right, are Green, Gardner, Farringdon, Nash, Smith, Cannell, Kramer, Brown,. Harfield, Pinner and Winton.
In the third row are pupils Bushell, Hartley, Hailstone, Kennard, Easterby, Eggleton, Saunders, Westaway, Ward, Haines and Meachin.
- 1 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 5 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 8 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 9 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
In the second row, the lads shown here are: Maw, Sibley, Paddock, S.Lloyd, form master Mr A Francis, headteacher r W Harris, and pupils G.Lloyd, K. Butler and A Butler.
In the front row those shown are Gatwoood, Smallwood, H.Newman, S .Newman, Furness, Hoy, Crawford, Weedon and Angell.
In there is anyone out there in their latter years who can shed more light on the picture, that would be great.