Real gem takes us back over 80 years!
WE go back to the heady days of 1928 for this week s Days of the Old School Yard. It is sent in by an anonymous contributor, and features Class 3 at Lathom Road school in East Ham, all those years ago. We hope it will bring back happy memories for those f
WE go back to the heady days of 1928 for this week's Days of the Old School Yard.
It is sent in by an anonymous contributor, and features Class 3 at Lathom Road school in East Ham, all those years ago.
We hope it will bring back happy memories for those featured.
Names have been supplied courtesy of the sender of the lovely picture.
You may also want to watch:
He says the names of those in the back row, left to right, are Green, Gardner, Farringdon, Nash, Smith, Cannell, Kramer, Brown,. Harfield, Pinner and Winton.
In the third row are pupils Bushell, Hartley, Hailstone, Kennard, Easterby, Eggleton, Saunders, Westaway, Ward, Haines and Meachin.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
In the second row, the lads shown here are: Maw, Sibley, Paddock, S.Lloyd, form master Mr A Francis, headteacher r W Harris, and pupils G.Lloyd, K. Butler and A Butler.
In the front row those shown are Gatwoood, Smallwood, H.Newman, S .Newman, Furness, Hoy, Crawford, Weedon and Angell.
In there is anyone out there in their latter years who can shed more light on the picture, that would be great.