Real gem takes us back over 80 years!
WE go back to the heady days of 1928 for this week s Days of the Old School Yard. It is sent in by an anonymous contributor, and features Class 3 at Lathom Road school in East Ham, all those years ago. We hope it will bring back happy memories for those f
WE go back to the heady days of 1928 for this week's Days of the Old School Yard.
It is sent in by an anonymous contributor, and features Class 3 at Lathom Road school in East Ham, all those years ago.
We hope it will bring back happy memories for those featured.
Names have been supplied courtesy of the sender of the lovely picture.
He says the names of those in the back row, left to right, are Green, Gardner, Farringdon, Nash, Smith, Cannell, Kramer, Brown,. Harfield, Pinner and Winton.
In the third row are pupils Bushell, Hartley, Hailstone, Kennard, Easterby, Eggleton, Saunders, Westaway, Ward, Haines and Meachin.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 3 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 8 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
In the second row, the lads shown here are: Maw, Sibley, Paddock, S.Lloyd, form master Mr A Francis, headteacher r W Harris, and pupils G.Lloyd, K. Butler and A Butler.
In the front row those shown are Gatwoood, Smallwood, H.Newman, S .Newman, Furness, Hoy, Crawford, Weedon and Angell.
In there is anyone out there in their latter years who can shed more light on the picture, that would be great.