Recycle and be damned
I AM one of probably a few who recycle as much as we possibly can, and you think our council would be pleased with me for doing this. Apparently all this time I have been recycling the wrong things! (The orange bags tell you limited things). Recently
I AM one of probably a few who recycle as much as we possibly can, and you think our council would be pleased with me for doing this.
Apparently all this time I have been recycling the 'wrong' things! (The orange bags tell you limited things).
Recently our street had people knocking on doors telling us how to use our new wheelie bins! (Which by the way I will be happy to have). Followed by a short questionnaire: Asking residents do you recycle?
Yes I replied. What things do you recycle?
So I gave her a list, foil, tins, paper, cardboard, all plastics etc, she then said do you put in butter tubs and food trays? I said yes but they are washed out. She then explained all these plastics go to landfill sites!
I was horrified to learn this, as I believe I was doing my bit for the environment!
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Yet I am told during the war everything was recycled pots, pans even park railings! And scraps were composted more besides, so why aren't we doing similar recycling?
The council are wasting resources by picking out what can and can't be recycled when clearly it all should be!
I also have an old desk computer, nothing wrong with it I upgraded my one to a laptop for work. Where can I recycle it or give it to a charity perhaps! Any ideas where to take it.