Recycle and be damned
I AM one of probably a few who recycle as much as we possibly can, and you think our council would be pleased with me for doing this. Apparently all this time I have been recycling the wrong things! (The orange bags tell you limited things). Recently
I AM one of probably a few who recycle as much as we possibly can, and you think our council would be pleased with me for doing this.
Apparently all this time I have been recycling the 'wrong' things! (The orange bags tell you limited things).
Recently our street had people knocking on doors telling us how to use our new wheelie bins! (Which by the way I will be happy to have). Followed by a short questionnaire: Asking residents do you recycle?
Yes I replied. What things do you recycle?
You may also want to watch:
So I gave her a list, foil, tins, paper, cardboard, all plastics etc, she then said do you put in butter tubs and food trays? I said yes but they are washed out. She then explained all these plastics go to landfill sites!
I was horrified to learn this, as I believe I was doing my bit for the environment!
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Yet I am told during the war everything was recycled pots, pans even park railings! And scraps were composted more besides, so why aren't we doing similar recycling?
The council are wasting resources by picking out what can and can't be recycled when clearly it all should be!
I also have an old desk computer, nothing wrong with it I upgraded my one to a laptop for work. Where can I recycle it or give it to a charity perhaps! Any ideas where to take it.