Remembrance Day 2017: Share your stories
- Credit: Archant
Remembrance Day 2017 is fast approaching and the Post is seeking personal stories – which have not been shared with us before – to complement our coverage.
Did you serve with the armed forces? Or was one of your ancestors a soldier, nurse, or home front worker?
Whether modern or historic stories, we would love to hear from you, and tales from less well known conflicts are also welcome, as are experiences of non-combat roles, such as from young people who are cadets, or adults who work with veterans.
If you would like to share a story, please contact Beth Wyatt by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8477 3988.
Our coverage will also include publicising commemorative services due to take place around the borough on Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal 2017, keep an eye on the website as events are announced: britishlegion.org.uk.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking