Remembrance Day: List of services in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham will see a range of services and processions to mark Remembrance Day today.
Sunday, November 9
Wreaths will be laid at the War Memorial in Barking Park at 10am. Assemble for 9.45am.
A parade from Barking Town Hall to St Margaret’s Church will start at 10.30am.
A march from Dagenham Royal British Legion to Dagenham Parish Church starts at 10.15am in Rectory Road. The service starts at 10.45am but you should arrive 15 minutes beforehand at the church.
You may also want to watch:
Becontree’s Royal British Legion service will commence at 3pm at the Royal British Legion in Becontree Avenue, Dagenham, lasting an hour.
Tuesday, November 11
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 8 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
The Dagenham Royal British Legion will hold a short service at the war memorial in Church Street at 11am. Arrive by 10.45am.
The Barking branch holds a short service at the Job Drain memorial statue in The Broadway, Barking, at 11am. Again, arrive by 10.45am. It then holds a short service at Vicarage Fields at midday, for which you should arrive by 11.45am.