Resist these awful bins
WITH regard to the subject of Wheelie Bins instead of black bags for refuse – to all those people who supposedly say that they prefer them, as foxes and cats can t rip them open – dispose of your refuse, especially food, properly!! I have never ever had
WITH regard to the subject of Wheelie Bins instead of black bags for refuse - to all those people who supposedly say that they prefer them, as foxes and cats can't rip them open - dispose of your refuse, especially food, properly!!
I have never ever had a refuse bag ripped open. I do not put waste food into the bag and any chop or chicken bones, I double wrap. If an animal can't smell food, it will not rip open the bags.
These people must be very lazy and not bother to double wrap or even wrap once, or maybe they are one of the many who dump their refuse bags outside days too early and not just the night before, or on the morning of the collection.
If a wheelie bin holds two bagfuls, where do we put the rest of our refuse? We don't all live alone, and most of us with a big family, have more than two bags of refuse. Are we supposed to go to the local refuse tip each week ourselves to dump the rest of our rubbish, and if we have to do that we might as well take all of it.
You may also want to watch:
If the council are going to phase out black bags completely, a lot of people will just tip their refuse straight into their wheelie bin. As they are too big to reach to the bottom to clean, very soon, foxes and cats will be knocking wheelie bins over to get at food thrown inside, as they will be stinking. So how will that improve things?
I thought the council were trying to drag Dagenham out of the slum tag that it has had for years. Looking at the rows of dustbins outside the fronts of houses, that is exactly what Dagenham does look like - a slum.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 10 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
I look after my house and I do not wish it or the road I live in to look like a slum by having rubbish bins outside!
This is 2009 for heavens sake, not the Victorian times!
I hope any of you that agree with my letter will resist these awful bins.
Ellerton Road, Dagenham