Right idea - wrong plce
Further to Julie Coe s letter, stating that the CCTV car is still parking near the Texaco Garage in Becontree Avenue when it is clear that the tickets issued are not enforceable and shouldn t be given out in the first place. The reason is obvious really
Further to Julie Coe's letter, stating that the CCTV car is still parking near the Texaco Garage in Becontree Avenue when it is clear that the tickets issued are not enforceable and shouldn't be given out in the first place.
The reason is obvious really, an easy way to make money.
Many people, when unsure of the laws, (that's most of us, as they are different in different areas) just pay, in case the amount doubles. It's scare tactics.
I would like to know why it's sitting there, when many residents where I live have asked time and time again for the CCTV car or wardens to patrol Davington Road, outside Dorothy Barley Infants School due to the parents of the attending children parking in such an astonishingly bad and dangerous way.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately it seems, they are too busy to do this.
This road is dangerous for the children, and the residents.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
Drives are blocked; cars are left double parked in the middle of Davington Gardens, sometimes two or three deep.
Cars are parked on corners next to the wooden bollards placed there to stop parking, they are parked on the zig-zags, or the just stop in the middle of the road while the children get out of the car, not caring who they are holding up, they are, apparently, the only people who exist!
There is no way we could get an ambulance or fire engine anywhere near at school times.
I have called the council, I have called the police, each passes the buck to the other and neither can get there in time to do anything. The council always say that they issue parking tickets to make it safer for everyone, not sure who they are trying to kid, us or them? Real illegal parking doesn't seem to interest them unless they can make a few pounds out of it.
I asked two months ago for Parking Services to come and have a look at the chaos, and I'm still waiting.
Somehow I think they have their priorities wrong.