Rileys launch new single at Academy
SINCE winning the Xfm Uploaded single of the week with Jimmy Is A Lunatic in April 2008, things have been going very well for indie rock band The Rileys. Their live performances around the south east of England, led to a sell-out headline gig at Bush Hal
SINCE winning the Xfm Uploaded single of the week with Jimmy Is A Lunatic in April 2008, things have been going very well for indie rock band The Rileys.
Their live performances around the south east of England, led to a sell-out headline gig at Bush Hall at the end of August.
Their debut self-titled EP sold well and their first single, Baby Blue, released in June, was played on local radio stations up and down the country.
The follow-up, Do You Feel Me, is released this month with a launch gig at the prestigious Carling Islington Academy on Wednesday, followed by a UK tour.
The songwriting power behind The Rileys' sound comes from Joe Fielder, 23, vocals, and Dave Giles, 23, guitar, who met at their induction day at Campion School, Hornchurch, in 1996 and have been writing music pretty much ever since.
Joe, from Hornchurch, and Dave, originally from Barking, moved to west London to form The Rileys after finishing university in the summer of 2007.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 3 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
Bassist James Field, 18, and drummer Martin Griffith, 23, complete the band.