Rokeby crowned the best in Newham with their cup win
ROKEBY turned in an excellent display to pick up their first silverware of 2009 by winning the Newham Cup. The resilient boys faced a tough challenge in the competition, as they were up against six other schools that had qualified for the finals. Nonethe
ROKEBY turned in an excellent display to pick up their first silverware of 2009 by winning the Newham Cup.
The resilient boys faced a tough challenge in the competition, as they were up against six other schools that had qualified for the finals.
Nonetheless, the youngsters stepped up to the task, played some quality football and out-played every other Newham school in some style.
A school spokesman said: "We knew we were more than capable of winning the competition and just needed to unleash the potential.
You may also want to watch:
"They have not just won the Newham Cup by a big margin, they have also gone the whole of 2008/09 season unbeaten.
"It's an absolutely phenomenal achievement.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
"Rokeby makes good progress every year and with quality results like this coming through in the sports department, it's bound to help the school raise it's status and set even higher standards."
Rokeby: Mbolela, Paliulis, Cummins, Kennedy, Nkona, Rafay, Kabasubaba, Yonatal, Lewin.
SCOTT WILKIE SWANS recently won the girls' football league for the first time in 16 years.
The Swans took on St Edwards and all the girls showed great sportsmanship as they eventually won 1-0.
Scott Wilkie (pictured above): Mendonca, Plenty, Durojaiye, Pamburai, Nwakanma, Sangore, Lufuankenda, Aladejare, Matuba.