Rokeby crowned the best in Newham with their cup win
ROKEBY turned in an excellent display to pick up their first silverware of 2009 by winning the Newham Cup. The resilient boys faced a tough challenge in the competition, as they were up against six other schools that had qualified for the finals. Nonethe
ROKEBY turned in an excellent display to pick up their first silverware of 2009 by winning the Newham Cup.
The resilient boys faced a tough challenge in the competition, as they were up against six other schools that had qualified for the finals.
Nonetheless, the youngsters stepped up to the task, played some quality football and out-played every other Newham school in some style.
A school spokesman said: "We knew we were more than capable of winning the competition and just needed to unleash the potential.
You may also want to watch:
"They have not just won the Newham Cup by a big margin, they have also gone the whole of 2008/09 season unbeaten.
"It's an absolutely phenomenal achievement.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
"Rokeby makes good progress every year and with quality results like this coming through in the sports department, it's bound to help the school raise it's status and set even higher standards."
Rokeby: Mbolela, Paliulis, Cummins, Kennedy, Nkona, Rafay, Kabasubaba, Yonatal, Lewin.
SCOTT WILKIE SWANS recently won the girls' football league for the first time in 16 years.
The Swans took on St Edwards and all the girls showed great sportsmanship as they eventually won 1-0.
Scott Wilkie (pictured above): Mendonca, Plenty, Durojaiye, Pamburai, Nwakanma, Sangore, Lufuankenda, Aladejare, Matuba.