Rokeby crowned the best in Newham with their cup win
ROKEBY turned in an excellent display to pick up their first silverware of 2009 by winning the Newham Cup. The resilient boys faced a tough challenge in the competition, as they were up against six other schools that had qualified for the finals. Nonethe
ROKEBY turned in an excellent display to pick up their first silverware of 2009 by winning the Newham Cup.
The resilient boys faced a tough challenge in the competition, as they were up against six other schools that had qualified for the finals.
Nonetheless, the youngsters stepped up to the task, played some quality football and out-played every other Newham school in some style.
A school spokesman said: "We knew we were more than capable of winning the competition and just needed to unleash the potential.
"They have not just won the Newham Cup by a big margin, they have also gone the whole of 2008/09 season unbeaten.
"It's an absolutely phenomenal achievement.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick
"Rokeby makes good progress every year and with quality results like this coming through in the sports department, it's bound to help the school raise it's status and set even higher standards."
Rokeby: Mbolela, Paliulis, Cummins, Kennedy, Nkona, Rafay, Kabasubaba, Yonatal, Lewin.
SCOTT WILKIE SWANS recently won the girls' football league for the first time in 16 years.
The Swans took on St Edwards and all the girls showed great sportsmanship as they eventually won 1-0.
Scott Wilkie (pictured above): Mendonca, Plenty, Durojaiye, Pamburai, Nwakanma, Sangore, Lufuankenda, Aladejare, Matuba.