RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- Credit: RSPCA
The RSPCA is searching for a man who was captured on video appearing to carry a dog through a park by its collar.
The animal welfare charity is investigating the incident in Parsloes Park, Dagenham, between 5pm and 6pm on March 29 and has appealed for help to trace the man.
It stepped in after a witness filmed a video which appears to show the man walking by with the dog hanging from its collar before throwing it onto the back seat of a car.
RSPCA inspector Chris McGreal said: "The man - dressed in a black hat, black jacket and dark-coloured jogging bottoms - was seen carrying the small white Spitz-type dog by its collar across the park before getting into a black BMW.
"We’d like to speak to the man pictured or anyone who recognises him or the dog. We’d also like to speak to any witnesses to the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the RSPCA's appeal line on 0300 123 8018 and leave a message for Mr McGreal.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 7 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking