Run-down garages to be repaired in Dagenham
Housing chiefs have vowed to repair run-down garages in Dagenham.
The revamp emerged after residents complained they could not rent garages in Hooks Hall Drive.
But Barking and Dagenham Council insisted that lock-up garages which are vacant and in good condition could be rented.
A council spokesman said: “Some of the garages are not available because they are in bad condition.
“Repair works are due to be carried out so they can be made available to let.”
You may also want to watch:
The Labour council denied Hooks Hall Drive was to be redeveloped though it confirmed the derelict garages would be repaired.
The local authority said a total of 10 spaces had been allocated to tenants.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
The spokesman added: “These garages are currently tenanted. They cannot be let until the current tenant terminates their tenancy.”