Rylan steals the show at Sanofi Dagenham fun day
- Credit: Archant
X Factor finalist Rylan continued on his reign of grabbing the limelight while performing at a family fun day for Sanofi’s staff.
The larger-than-life Essex star sang a medley of songs and posed for photographs with visitors.
The Dagenham Girl Pipers opened the manufacturing plant’s annual fun day, followed by entertainment from impressionist Dean Taylor and band The Weekend playing several sets.
Meanwhile fair rides, a bird of prey display, mobile zoo, circus troupe and various side stalls also kept people entertained.
The event has been a regular fixture for employees, but Saturday (11) marked its last as the plant in Rainham Road South prepares for closure after almost 80 years of producing life-saving medicines.
You may also want to watch:
Accordingly, this year’s focus was on saying thank you to the 450 employees still on site.
Jim Moretta, site leader, said: “Our final fun day was a fantastic event enjoyed by everyone who came, about 1,000 in total. It was the biggest and the best-ever held. We are delighted to have been able to raise money for charity. The fun day marked the end of an era for Sanofi at Dagenham and my sincere thanks go to everyone who helped to make the day so special.”
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest
Money raised from the £2 donations for a photograph with Rylan will go to Great Ormond Street Hospital.