Santander in Dagenham closes with Barking location to follow
- Credit: Google
A Santander branch in Dagenham has served its last customers.
The Heathway location shut up shop at 4pm today (July 15), as one of a number of London branches being closed by the bank.
The nearest branches to Heathway that are remaining open are in South Street, Romford, and Ilford High Road.
Santander has announced the Barking branch in Station Parade will close on August 12.
A previous statement from Santander UK head of branch interactions Adam Bishop read: “Branch usage by customers has fallen considerably over recent years so we have made the difficult decision to consolidate our presence in areas where we have multiple branches relatively close together.”
Alternative banking services are available at nearby Post Office branches, including in the Heathway shopping centre, Goresbrook Road and Rainham Road.
You may also want to watch:
These locations offer deposits, free cash withdrawals and balance checks, as well as face-to-face access to government services, bill payment, foreign currency exchange, travel insurance and postal services.
- 1 £40m health and wellbeing hub to be built at Barking Riverside
- 2 Hospitals increase critical care capacity after rise in Covid-19 patients
- 3 The roadworks and rail service changes that may affect your journey this week
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 5 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 6 Temporary Jobcentre opens in Barking
- 7 Free cycle training on offer in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Plans for new mosque in Dagenham rejected
- 9 Santander in Dagenham closes with Barking location to follow
- 10 New £4m vehicle conversion facility to be created at Ford Dagenham