School gets top grades
INSPECTORS have praised Thames View Infants as a school where every child and their family really does matter . The school in Bastable Avenue, Barking, received the top accolade of outstanding in a recent Ofsted report. Staff, parents and pupils were d
INSPECTORS have praised Thames View Infants as a school where "every child and their family really does matter".
The school in Bastable Avenue, Barking, received the top accolade of "outstanding" in a recent Ofsted report.
Staff, parents and pupils were delighted last week when they received the news.
Officials carried out an inspection of Thames View Infants on March 19 and 20 giving them the highest possible grade in all areas.
The effectiveness of the school, achievements and standards there, development and well-being of pupils, teaching and learning techniques and curricular and extra curricular activities were all scrutinised.
They were also inspected regarding the care and guidance given by staff and their leadership and management skills
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 5 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 McMahon proud of excellent Dagenham & Redbridge win over Wrexham
- 9 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
- 10 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
In every category Ofsted officials found the school to be outstanding.
Head teacher, Paul Jordan, said: "We will continue to do our best to ensure that everyone within the school community achieves their best.
"Together we will strive to make this school even better for our children, families and community.