ALL the borough s schools are closed today as Barking and Dagenham experiences its worst snowfall in at least 18 years. Some schools have already decided to close tomorrow (Tuesday) with others making a decision later today. Parents should call schools
ALL the borough's schools are closed today as Barking and Dagenham experiences its worst snowfall in at least 18 years.
Some schools have already decided to close tomorrow (Tuesday) with others making a decision later today.
Parents should call schools directly or check their websites for more information.
Transport has also been badly hit with all bus services cancelled due to what Transport for London described as "treacherous" road conditions across the capital.
You may also want to watch:
Gritters and snow ploughs have been working around the clock to clear major routes but some back streets are heavily clogged with snow.
Barking and Dagenham Council has abandoned all refuse collections with delays expected for the rest of the week.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Parking restrictions across the borough have been temporarily suspended.
SEE WEDNESDAY'S POST FOR FULL STORY AND PICTURE SPECIAL