ALL the borough s schools are closed today as Barking and Dagenham experiences its worst snowfall in at least 18 years. Some schools have already decided to close tomorrow (Tuesday) with others making a decision later today. Parents should call schools
ALL the borough's schools are closed today as Barking and Dagenham experiences its worst snowfall in at least 18 years.
Some schools have already decided to close tomorrow (Tuesday) with others making a decision later today.
Parents should call schools directly or check their websites for more information.
Transport has also been badly hit with all bus services cancelled due to what Transport for London described as "treacherous" road conditions across the capital.
You may also want to watch:
Gritters and snow ploughs have been working around the clock to clear major routes but some back streets are heavily clogged with snow.
Barking and Dagenham Council has abandoned all refuse collections with delays expected for the rest of the week.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
Parking restrictions across the borough have been temporarily suspended.
SEE WEDNESDAY'S POST FOR FULL STORY AND PICTURE SPECIAL