School waiting list
I would like to bring the attention to any-one that has a child transferring from Infant to Junior school that not all schools follow an automatic transfer between linked schools. Basically you have to apply in some instances for a place in Junior School
I would like to bring the attention to any-one that has a child transferring from Infant to Junior school that not all schools follow an automatic transfer between linked schools.
Basically you have to apply in some instances for a place in Junior School and if it is the case that there are siblings on the waiting list for a place in year three, your seven year old child can basically be kicked out of the school.
I have lived here for around 30 years and that means nothing.
These rules generally affect people like myself in council housing who have moved within the borough but a distance from the school where the child started.
As far as I'm concerned if one school has to apply, then all schools should have to. It's a totally unfair way of doing things because if you have to state a second preference, then if that school had an automatic transfer then what about your child?
I would like the person that makes these rules to explain to my seven year old that he might lose his place in a school where he has been since nursery where all his friends will be going.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 'Dickensian diseases’ to rise as a result of cost-of-living, warns Labour
- 9 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 10 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
As far as I'm concerned a waiting list is just that a waiting list so wait your turn.
Name and address supplied