Sears set for January return
WEST HAM striker Freddie Sears is set to return from his loan spell at Crystal Palace in January. The 20-year-old has played 17 games for the Eagles, but failed to trouble the scorers, except for the ghost goal he managed against Bristol City in only his
WEST HAM striker Freddie Sears is set to return from his loan spell at Crystal Palace in January.
The 20-year-old has played 17 games for the Eagles, but failed to trouble the scorers, except for the ghost goal he managed against Bristol City in only his second appearance for the club.
His shot hit the stanchion at the back of the net and came out again, but the referee and linesmen were the only people in the ground who did not see it had gone in.
That sort of scenario seems to be typical of Sears' footballing career since he made his debut for the Hammers in March 2008, coming on as a substitute to score the winner against Blackburn.
You may also want to watch:
That was the one and only goal he has scored however, having now played another 45 games since that Upton Park debut.
But with West Ham struggling for strikers, it seems that Sears is set to return to Upton Park early from his season-long loan.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
"West Ham have asked for him to go back in January," revealed Eagles' boss Neil Warnock. "They have one or two problems up front and he is their player at the end of the day.