Sears set for Wednesday
YOUNG West Ham striker Freddie Sears is poised to secure a season-long loan move to Championship outfit Sheffield Wednesday by the end of the week. The 19-year-old Romford boy was keen to go out on loan last season, but was prevented from doing so by the
YOUNG West Ham striker Freddie Sears is poised to secure a season-long loan move to Championship outfit Sheffield Wednesday by the end of the week.
The 19-year-old Romford boy was keen to go out on loan last season, but was prevented from doing so by the injury list at Upton Park.
But with manager Gianfranco Zola set to bring in at least two new front men during the summer, it opens the way for Sears to get some experience in a lower division.
Owls boss Brian Laws said this week: "We are in with a shout of signing Freddie Sears, but there are other clubs interested in him too."
Newly-promoted Championship side Peterborough United are said to be one of those interested in prising Sears away from Sheffield Wednesday, but the striker, who netted on his debut for the Hammers, but hasn't scored since, is said to prefer a move to Hillsborough.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 9 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 10 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms