Security guard robbery - boy, 14, charged
TWO 14-year-old boys, one from Barking, have been arrested after a security van courier was attacked as he tried to deliver cash to a bank. The G4S van was parked outside Alliance and Leicester, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, at around 9.20am on Thursday when t
TWO 14-year-old boys, one from Barking, have been arrested after a security van courier was attacked as he tried to deliver cash to a bank.
The G4S van was parked outside Alliance and Leicester, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, at around 9.20am on Thursday when the courier was robbed.
He was reportedly approached from behind by two robbers who pushed him against the bank window, causing him to trip and injure his knee.
Having snatched the cash box, the pair fled towards two waiting cars.
You may also want to watch:
A G4S spokesman refused to confirm how much money was being carried by the courier, but added: "We take any attack on our staff very seriously and are committed to maintaining their safety and that of the general public."
The assault came amid warnings from the company, which transfers cash for hundreds of businesses and banks, that it is developing new technology to stamp out the "growing number" of attacks.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham goes two weeks without Covid-19 deaths
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
The two schoolboys and two men - Neeko Brooks, 18, of Stratford, and Nathan Misambu, of Romford - appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court on Tuesday charged with robbery.
Brooks and Misambu were remanded in custody and will appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 28.
The 14-year-olds were released on bail.