Security guard robbery - boy, 14, charged
TWO 14-year-old boys, one from Barking, have been arrested after a security van courier was attacked as he tried to deliver cash to a bank. The G4S van was parked outside Alliance and Leicester, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, at around 9.20am on Thursday when t
TWO 14-year-old boys, one from Barking, have been arrested after a security van courier was attacked as he tried to deliver cash to a bank.
The G4S van was parked outside Alliance and Leicester, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, at around 9.20am on Thursday when the courier was robbed.
He was reportedly approached from behind by two robbers who pushed him against the bank window, causing him to trip and injure his knee.
Having snatched the cash box, the pair fled towards two waiting cars.
You may also want to watch:
A G4S spokesman refused to confirm how much money was being carried by the courier, but added: "We take any attack on our staff very seriously and are committed to maintaining their safety and that of the general public."
The assault came amid warnings from the company, which transfers cash for hundreds of businesses and banks, that it is developing new technology to stamp out the "growing number" of attacks.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
The two schoolboys and two men - Neeko Brooks, 18, of Stratford, and Nathan Misambu, of Romford - appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court on Tuesday charged with robbery.
Brooks and Misambu were remanded in custody and will appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 28.
The 14-year-olds were released on bail.