Security guard robbery - boy, 14, charged
TWO 14-year-old boys, one from Barking, have been arrested after a security van courier was attacked as he tried to deliver cash to a bank. The G4S van was parked outside Alliance and Leicester, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, at around 9.20am on Thursday when t
TWO 14-year-old boys, one from Barking, have been arrested after a security van courier was attacked as he tried to deliver cash to a bank.
The G4S van was parked outside Alliance and Leicester, Cranbrook Road, Ilford, at around 9.20am on Thursday when the courier was robbed.
He was reportedly approached from behind by two robbers who pushed him against the bank window, causing him to trip and injure his knee.
Having snatched the cash box, the pair fled towards two waiting cars.
You may also want to watch:
A G4S spokesman refused to confirm how much money was being carried by the courier, but added: "We take any attack on our staff very seriously and are committed to maintaining their safety and that of the general public."
The assault came amid warnings from the company, which transfers cash for hundreds of businesses and banks, that it is developing new technology to stamp out the "growing number" of attacks.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
The two schoolboys and two men - Neeko Brooks, 18, of Stratford, and Nathan Misambu, of Romford - appeared at Redbridge Magistrates' Court on Tuesday charged with robbery.
Brooks and Misambu were remanded in custody and will appear before Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 28.
The 14-year-olds were released on bail.