Selywn in glory hunt
A NEWHAM school will be heading into the unknown when they represent Essex in the East of England Kwick cricket finals today (Thursday). Pupils from Selwyn School in Plaistow will be making the trip to Mildenhall cricket club in Cambridgeshire and teacher
A NEWHAM school will be heading into the unknown when they represent Essex in the East of England Kwick cricket finals today (Thursday).
Pupils from Selwyn School in Plaistow will be making the trip to Mildenhall cricket club in Cambridgeshire and teacher/coach Colin Cooper is confident his side will not be overawed.
"Obviously we have not seen the other teams, but just by going what we are like, I am sure we have a really good chance," he said. "We are in a group of four with Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and one other with the top two going through.
"Even if we don't make the top two, there is the plate competition to contest so it will be a great day out.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone in the team is really looking forward to it and to get this far is already an incredible achievement and the biggest sporting success in the schools history.
"It has done great things for the sporting reputation of the school in the borough and people are starting to talk about us now, so it has been a great experience.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot