Senrab make point as Croxford strikes
ECHO LEAGUE Freestyle 3 Senrab 3 MYLES CROXFORD scored with the last kick of the game to rescue a point for Senrab under-13s last weekend. Senrab started well, but fell behind after only five minutes to a Freestyle penalty. Jordan Wellington-Emile levell
Freestyle 3 Senrab 3
MYLES CROXFORD scored with the last kick of the game to rescue a point for Senrab under-13s last weekend.
Senrab started well, but fell behind after only five minutes to a Freestyle penalty.
Jordan Wellington-Emile levelled the scores, but Senrab again fell behind after their defence stopped claiming offside, the flag stayed down and 2-1 was the half-time score.
In the second half, Senrab upped their game with Harris Elliman in particular terrorising the Freestyle defence.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 7 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
- 10 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
Wellington-Emile struck his second to make it 2-2 and it looked as if Senrab would go on to win.
But Freestyle went ahead again after the linesman flagged offside, but was over-ruled by the referee.
Senrab continued to press, but chance after chance went begging, and when Croxford scored with the last kick of the game, Senrab were thankful for the draw in a game they felt they played well enough to win, but had to settle for a point.
Senrab: Hession, Nimoh-Badu, Croxford, Bader, White, Brown, Edgar, Smallwood, Elliman, Kizza, Harris, Wellington-Emile, Matthews, Collier, Mohammed.
A SIX-A-SIDE tournament is being arranged in Newham to help raise money for a worthy cause.
John Phoenix Enterprises are organising the tournament for Year Seven pupils and for over-18's at the Powerleague Group Limited, Norwegian Playing Fields, Jenkins Lane, Newham on Sunday, June 21 and 28.
The proceeds will be in aid of Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, the charity which grants wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening illnesses.
You can get involved by calling 0208 760 0322.
PROFESSIONAL Sports coaches are on hand for StrEEtBaLLaZ every Saturday at the Forest Gate Youth Zone.
The organisation aims to help young people who have a passion for the game or who have never played football, by providing them with a professional standard of FA Level two and three training.
Sessions run every Saturday from 4 to 6pm at the Forest Gate Youth Zone, Forest Gate.