Serie A goal for Simpson
A BUDDING young footballer from Newham is within touching distance of a winning a professional contract with Italian giants Inter Milan. Nathan Simpson from Plaistow, has made it through to the final of the Sky1 HD show Football s Next Star. The winner of
A BUDDING young footballer from Newham is within touching distance of a winning a professional contract with Italian giants Inter Milan.
Nathan Simpson from Plaistow, has made it through to the final of the Sky1 HD show Football's Next Star.
The winner of the competition will earn a contract with Jose Mourinho's Italian champions the Nerazzurri.
Simpson impressed the tough Inter Milan youth coaches Marco Monti and Paolo Migliavacca and was selected to be part of the final 10.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster is now one step closer to achieving his dreams after a series of nationwide trials, featuring thousands of hopefuls.
The final 10 have been flown to Italy where they have just over a month to prove they have what it takes to make it in Italian football.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 10 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
They'll live in a luxury villa beside Lake Como, learn the language, immerse themselves in the culture and integrate themselves with the Inter Milan youth team.
Portuguese legends Luis Figo and Mourinho himself will offer invaluable tips during their stay.
Throughout their journey they will be mentored by former Liverpool, Spurs and England star Jamie Redknapp.
The Sky Sports pundit said: "The finalists must live and breathe football; as they are put through their paces at Inter Milan's world-famous academy Interello.
"The Inter coaches will be constantly assessing their soccer skills, scrutinising every pass, tackle and goal.
"Those who don't give their all face losing their place in the competition and packing their bags.
"Each week the player who fails to impress Inter coach Marco Monti will be shown the red card - their dream of playing for Inter Milan left in tatters."
Football's Next Star is screened on Sunday at 8pm on Sky1 and Sky1 HD.