A YOUNG woman walking alone in Easbrookend Country Park was sexually assaulted while her attacker s friends looked on laughing. The 21-year-old was approached by four men, one of whom grabbed her, began to kiss her neck and tried to pull her clothes off.
A YOUNG woman walking alone in Easbrookend Country Park was sexually assaulted while her attacker's friends looked on laughing.
The 21-year-old was approached by four men, one of whom grabbed her, began to kiss her neck and tried to pull her clothes off.
His friends laughed as they watched the attack.
Fortunately for the young woman two dog walkers saw what was happening and ran over to chase the men off.
The rescuers then walked the shaken victim home.
Police are keen to trace the two men who came to the victim's aid as they may have vital information about the identity of the attacker.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 Two arrested after man 'seriously assaulted' in row over parking
- 3 Dispersal order authorised near Barking Park due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 7 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 8 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
The attacker is described as black, 21 to 23 years of age, about 5ft 11in tall and with his hair braided into tiny balls all over his head.
He was wearing a black T-shirt with a yellow smiley face on the front, dark tracksuit bottoms and trainers.
The attack took place in Eastbrookend Country Park, Dagenham Road, on Monday July 27 at about 9pm.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call Det Con Bob Hutton on 020 8217 5536 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.