A YOUNG woman walking alone in Easbrookend Country Park was sexually assaulted while her attacker s friends looked on laughing. The 21-year-old was approached by four men, one of whom grabbed her, began to kiss her neck and tried to pull her clothes off.
A YOUNG woman walking alone in Easbrookend Country Park was sexually assaulted while her attacker's friends looked on laughing.
The 21-year-old was approached by four men, one of whom grabbed her, began to kiss her neck and tried to pull her clothes off.
His friends laughed as they watched the attack.
Fortunately for the young woman two dog walkers saw what was happening and ran over to chase the men off.
You may also want to watch:
The rescuers then walked the shaken victim home.
Police are keen to trace the two men who came to the victim's aid as they may have vital information about the identity of the attacker.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
The attacker is described as black, 21 to 23 years of age, about 5ft 11in tall and with his hair braided into tiny balls all over his head.
He was wearing a black T-shirt with a yellow smiley face on the front, dark tracksuit bottoms and trainers.
The attack took place in Eastbrookend Country Park, Dagenham Road, on Monday July 27 at about 9pm.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call Det Con Bob Hutton on 020 8217 5536 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.