A YOUNG woman walking alone in Easbrookend Country Park was sexually assaulted while her attacker s friends looked on laughing. The 21-year-old was approached by four men, one of whom grabbed her, began to kiss her neck and tried to pull her clothes off.
A YOUNG woman walking alone in Easbrookend Country Park was sexually assaulted while her attacker's friends looked on laughing.
The 21-year-old was approached by four men, one of whom grabbed her, began to kiss her neck and tried to pull her clothes off.
His friends laughed as they watched the attack.
Fortunately for the young woman two dog walkers saw what was happening and ran over to chase the men off.
You may also want to watch:
The rescuers then walked the shaken victim home.
Police are keen to trace the two men who came to the victim's aid as they may have vital information about the identity of the attacker.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
The attacker is described as black, 21 to 23 years of age, about 5ft 11in tall and with his hair braided into tiny balls all over his head.
He was wearing a black T-shirt with a yellow smiley face on the front, dark tracksuit bottoms and trainers.
The attack took place in Eastbrookend Country Park, Dagenham Road, on Monday July 27 at about 9pm.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call Det Con Bob Hutton on 020 8217 5536 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.