Shepherd leads the way
Jimmy Shepherd showed promising form when West Ham Boys Club held an open show at the East Ham Working Mens Club recently. Shepherd looked impressive, marking his debut with a points win against Ellis O Brien of Vange and Pitsea. The West Hammer worke
Jimmy Shepherd showed promising form when West Ham Boys' Club held an open show at the East Ham Working Mens' Club recently.
Shepherd looked impressive, marking his debut with a points' win against Ellis O'Brien of Vange and Pitsea.
The West Hammer worked well behind his jab, boxing with control throughout to earn the best home boxer award at the tournament.
Also impressing was Billy Anders, who showed his improvement as he earned a points victory against Joe Saul-Bayliss of Hoddesdon with a good display.
You may also want to watch:
There was victory for other Hammers making their debuts - Steven McDonagh was victorious against Liam Richards of Hoddesdon and Patrick Reily won on points against Z Zunac of Newham in a hard-fought contest.
Jay Pjetri won on points against Michael Bailey of Sevenoaks in a middleweight contest.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
Hughie Saunders lost on points to Mason Smith of Finchley.
* Fairbairn BC parade members of their successful squad on the club's open show on Friday night at East Ham Working Mens' Club, Boleyn Road, E6.
Tickets will be available on the door on the night, adults at �10 with children and concessions �5.
Boosted by a recent Sport England grant under the 'Grass Roots' scheme the Fairbairn club have improved their facilities at their Connaught Road, Ilford headquarters and welcome new members at the gym.
* NEWHAM BC'S John Coyle returned home from his visit to Poland last week where he captained an England Schools' line-up with an impressive victory.
He produced class form to control his clash with tough Polish rival Mateusz Skowro�ski, landing the telling shots to earn a comfortable points victory.
The Newham boxer's performance earned him a special award when he was named the best English boxer at the tournament.