Take a look inside this stunning Dagenham garden
- Credit: Aiswarya Shibu Kumar Reshmi
Is this Barking and Dagenham’s most beautiful garden?
The blooming array of flowers, plants, fruit and vegetables is the pride and joy of a keen gardener in Dagenham.
Shibukumar Gopalan Sarala can spend more than 20 hours a week tending to the garden of his home in Ivyhouse Road.
“When I was starting it was a lot of work,” he said.
“It is a passion.”
You may also want to watch:
Shibukumar added his love of gardening came from his father and he had always had lots of plants at home.
The garden has been a labour of love since buying the house almost six years ago and still takes a lot of effort to maintain.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
“This year the climate was really bad,” Shibukumar added.
Among the dozens of varieties in the garden, there are currently several types of begonias, hydrangeas, azaleas, butterly bushes, roses, petunias, dahlias, lobelias sunflowers and lilies.
Shibukumar also grows grapes, plums, apples, cherries and strawberries as well as crookneck squash, Bengali vegetable shobji, tomatoes, bitter gourd and aubergine.
If you would like to share photos of your garden, email firstname.lastname@example.org