Shooters too strong for Elan
Langdon 54 Plessy Elan II 26 AN EXCELLENT team performance from Langdon meant they were easy victors over Plessy Elan on Saturday. Langdon notched up a succession of early scores, with shooters Siobhan Quinlivan and Alison Diver helping their side take a
Langdon 54 Plessy Elan II 26
AN EXCELLENT team performance from Langdon meant they were easy victors over Plessy Elan on Saturday.
Langdon notched up a succession of early scores, with shooters Siobhan Quinlivan and Alison Diver helping their side take a 12-5 lead by the end of the opening quarter.
The Langdon defence did not falter and worked tirelessly making crucial interceptions to break down Plessy's attack.
You may also want to watch:
The centre court players capitalised on this in some fashion, feeding some great balls into the shooters and extending Langdon's lead at half time to 25-14.
Langdon kept the pressure up throughout the match, forcing numerous turnovers and matching Plessy physically every step of the way.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
A number of great defending and attacking combinations throughout the second half allowed Langdon to widen the score and complete an excellent win.
Langdon II 46 Marshalls D 20
LANGDON seconds got their season off to a flying start with a convincing 46-20 win against Marshalls D.
From the start of the match, it was clear to see that the team have gelled well and the standard of netball has continued to rise.
They quickly took the lead, with some excellent feeds into the circle from wing attack Leanne Rowland giving both shooters plenty of opportunities.
As the match progressed, Langdon moved further ahead, thanks to some good defending from captain Katisha Christie and more consistent shooting.
Langdon III 17 Ilford IV 49
LANGDON thirds had a tough start to their season and were duly beaten by a strong Ilford outfit.
Ilford capitalised on Langdon's shaky start and quickly pulled ahead, but once the Langdon team had settled, they gave them a tougher game.
Abbie Searle and Sayo Awoyelu were able to show their shooting skills, whilst in defence Connie Briggs made a number of interceptions.
The club are still looking for a sponsor this season. If you are in interested, e-mail: email@example.com