Soul diva tops Town Show bill
Platinum-selling, triple MOBO award- winning, Soul and R ’n’ B singer Beverley Knight will headline this year’s Dagenham Town Show.
She will perform on the main stage on July 16 at the annual two-day event in Central Park.
Other acts performing over the weekend include 19-year-old Essex-born singer/songwriter and YouTube phenomenon Mike Hough; Barking teenage band The Empty Headz and Romford-based, rock/punk band Dead Baby Birds.
But musical performances are not the only acts on the jam-packed programme.
Dance troupes such as Lose Control, Step in Time and Pulse will be wowing the crowds with their amazing routines.
The show’s carnival parade will conclude the entertainment on the Saturday.
Finally for those who want to be kept on the edge of their seat, there will be a motorbike stunt display performed by the UK’s Number One Freestyle Motorcross rider, Jamie Squibb.
- 1 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
- 6 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 7 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 8 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
- 9 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
n Look out for more Dagenham Town Show coverage in the Post.