Sour note on our bandstand
With reference to the letter (Postbag, 11th February) from Councillor Bob Little: I note that no mention was made of the decision regarding the bandstand, promised to St Chad s Park Friends Group more than a year ago. You may consider that, at least, a
With reference to the letter (Postbag, 11th February) from Councillor Bob Little: I note that no mention was made of the decision regarding the bandstand, promised to St Chad's Park Friends Group more than a year ago.
You may consider that, at least, an apology for the reversal of the decision could have been made?
At the same time, I note with interest the letter from Mr Wade on the same subject, which states that " Chadwell Heath Ward Councillors have responded to requests that the bandstand not be placed in St Chad's Park". May I ask what requests are these? During my tenure as Chairman, I have heard of no such requests either to councillors, or to my committee.
Mr Wade also states that it is his intention to keep "St Chad's, clean, green and safe". May I respectfully ask how he proposes to do that when he does not attend the meetings of the group that was formed to help with these objectives? May I also take this opportunity to invite him to attend the meetings, taking into consideration his interest, when his input will be most welcome.
The meetings are held on Saturday mornings, in the cricket pavilion and generally do not last for more that two hours and the next is scheduled for Saturday, 21st February, at 10.30am.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 7 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
Chairman, Friends of St. Chad's Park,