Spurs youngster Townsend boosts the squad
ORIENT manager Geraint Williams boosted his squad before Saturday s trip to Bristol Rovers with the signing of Tottenham winger Andros Townsend. The 18-year-old has joined the O s initially on a one-month loan, and has only recently returned from helping
ORIENT manager Geraint Williams boosted his squad before Saturday's trip to Bristol Rovers with the signing of Tottenham winger Andros Townsend.
The 18-year-old has joined the O's initially on a one-month loan, and has only recently returned from helping the England under-19 side reach the final of the European Championships.
Townsend was an unused substitute in Saturday's League One opener at Bristol Rovers, but made his debut when he played for the first hour at Colchester on Tuesday night and caught the eye with a pacy performance down the left.
Townsend admitted: "I'm excited to get a chance at Leyton Orient.
You may also want to watch:
"Every time you get the opportunity to play first team football, you have to make the most of it, and I'm determined to do that here."
Townsend played a key role in helping Yeovil Town maintain their League One status, when he had a 10-game stint in Somerset last season. "That was a new experience for me and I think I adjusted to it well," he admitted.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
"My aims for my time here are to get some good performances in, impress and show what I can do, whilst at the same time getting as many points as possible for Leyton Orient." Townsend will remain at Orient until Friday, September 4.