Spurs youngster Townsend boosts the squad
ORIENT manager Geraint Williams boosted his squad before Saturday s trip to Bristol Rovers with the signing of Tottenham winger Andros Townsend. The 18-year-old has joined the O s initially on a one-month loan, and has only recently returned from helping
ORIENT manager Geraint Williams boosted his squad before Saturday's trip to Bristol Rovers with the signing of Tottenham winger Andros Townsend.
The 18-year-old has joined the O's initially on a one-month loan, and has only recently returned from helping the England under-19 side reach the final of the European Championships.
Townsend was an unused substitute in Saturday's League One opener at Bristol Rovers, but made his debut when he played for the first hour at Colchester on Tuesday night and caught the eye with a pacy performance down the left.
Townsend admitted: "I'm excited to get a chance at Leyton Orient.
"Every time you get the opportunity to play first team football, you have to make the most of it, and I'm determined to do that here."
Townsend played a key role in helping Yeovil Town maintain their League One status, when he had a 10-game stint in Somerset last season. "That was a new experience for me and I think I adjusted to it well," he admitted.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 7 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
"My aims for my time here are to get some good performances in, impress and show what I can do, whilst at the same time getting as many points as possible for Leyton Orient." Townsend will remain at Orient until Friday, September 4.