Spurs youngster Townsend boosts the squad
ORIENT manager Geraint Williams boosted his squad before Saturday s trip to Bristol Rovers with the signing of Tottenham winger Andros Townsend. The 18-year-old has joined the O s initially on a one-month loan, and has only recently returned from helping
ORIENT manager Geraint Williams boosted his squad before Saturday's trip to Bristol Rovers with the signing of Tottenham winger Andros Townsend.
The 18-year-old has joined the O's initially on a one-month loan, and has only recently returned from helping the England under-19 side reach the final of the European Championships.
Townsend was an unused substitute in Saturday's League One opener at Bristol Rovers, but made his debut when he played for the first hour at Colchester on Tuesday night and caught the eye with a pacy performance down the left.
Townsend admitted: "I'm excited to get a chance at Leyton Orient.
You may also want to watch:
"Every time you get the opportunity to play first team football, you have to make the most of it, and I'm determined to do that here."
Townsend played a key role in helping Yeovil Town maintain their League One status, when he had a 10-game stint in Somerset last season. "That was a new experience for me and I think I adjusted to it well," he admitted.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
"My aims for my time here are to get some good performances in, impress and show what I can do, whilst at the same time getting as many points as possible for Leyton Orient." Townsend will remain at Orient until Friday, September 4.