Stabbing victim is named
POLICE have formally identified the man who was stabbed to death after a row at a pub. Daniel Leahy, 45, from Barking, died from multiple stab wounds at the Victoria Pub in Axe Street, Barking, on Easter Monday (April 13). Police and Ambulance crews were
POLICE have formally identified the man who was stabbed to death after a row at a pub.
Daniel Leahy, 45, from Barking, died from multiple stab wounds at the Victoria Pub in Axe Street, Barking, on Easter Monday (April 13).
Police and Ambulance crews were called at around 9pm but the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.45pm.
A post-mortem examination held at the Queen's Hospital Mortuary, Romford, on Tuesday (April 14), gave the cause of his death as stab wounds to the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed.
Police believe that Leahy was involved in some sort of altercation with two white men shortly before he was attacked.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 3 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Both ran away immediately after the stabbing, in which a second man suffered a minor cut to the head.
All of the men involved are thought to have been customers in the pub.
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector Simon Moring from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Any witnesses who have not yet come forward, or anyone who can assist, should call the incident room on 020 8345 4142 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on Tuesday (April14) and has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in May.
A 39-year-old-man was arrested on suspicion of murder on the afternoon of Wednesday 15 April.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.