Stabbing victim is named
POLICE have formally identified the man who was stabbed to death after a row at a pub. Daniel Leahy, 45, from Barking, died from multiple stab wounds at the Victoria Pub in Axe Street, Barking, on Easter Monday (April 13). Police and Ambulance crews were
POLICE have formally identified the man who was stabbed to death after a row at a pub.
Daniel Leahy, 45, from Barking, died from multiple stab wounds at the Victoria Pub in Axe Street, Barking, on Easter Monday (April 13).
Police and Ambulance crews were called at around 9pm but the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.45pm.
A post-mortem examination held at the Queen's Hospital Mortuary, Romford, on Tuesday (April 14), gave the cause of his death as stab wounds to the chest.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed.
Police believe that Leahy was involved in some sort of altercation with two white men shortly before he was attacked.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
Both ran away immediately after the stabbing, in which a second man suffered a minor cut to the head.
All of the men involved are thought to have been customers in the pub.
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector Simon Moring from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
Any witnesses who have not yet come forward, or anyone who can assist, should call the incident room on 020 8345 4142 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on Tuesday (April14) and has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in May.
A 39-year-old-man was arrested on suspicion of murder on the afternoon of Wednesday 15 April.
He remains in custody at an east London police station.