Staff laid off at car dealership
DOZENS of staff have been laid off at a Dagenham car dealership, which has gone bust. Vauxhall dealers Crown Motors, which also had a dealership in Romford, has called in the administrators last Wednesday (August 26) following a difficult trading period i
DOZENS of staff have been laid off at a Dagenham car dealership, which has gone bust.
Vauxhall dealers Crown Motors, which also had a dealership in Romford, has called in the administrators last Wednesday (August 26) following a difficult trading period in the car sales industry.
Both dealerships have been closed and 70 members of staff have been made redundant.
Accountancy and business firm Smith & Williamson has now taken over the management of the company.
You may also want to watch:
Greg Palfrey and David Blenkarn are now the joint administrators.
Mr Palfrey said: "We are hopeful that new operators for the sites will be found in due course but in the meantime we have ceased trading activity.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
"The company directors have done their best in a difficult trading environment but ultimately the commercial pressures have been too great and they have requested the appointment of administrators."
Anyone interested in taking over the sites should contact Smith & Williamson.