Staff put on their pyjamas for Comic Relief
A WEEK of fundraising mayhem will keep shoppers and staff on their toes ahead of this year s Red Nose Day. Readers can join in or simply watch on as staff at Sainsbury s in Chadwell Heath, High Road, will stage the fun events and raise money for Comic R
A WEEK of fundraising mayhem will keep shoppers and staff on their toes ahead of this year's Red Nose Day.
Readers can join in or simply watch on as staff at Sainsbury's in Chadwell Heath, High Road, will stage the fun events and raise money for Comic Relief.
Leg-waxing, a sponsored silence, a quiz night and a pyjama day will aim to encourage staff and customers to give generously in the run-up to the main event on Friday (March 13).
The fun will kick off with a sweets competition next Tuesday followed by a colleague quiz on Wednesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Staff will be wearing their most flattering pyjamas to work on Thursday, while Friday will see a male member of staff face the hair-raising horror of a leg-waxing session.
The charity provides services to a wide range of good causes, such as help for victims of domestic violence, for people with mental health problems or emergency aid and projects abroad.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
Comic Relief was formed in 1985 since when it has been collecting money for good causes through the sale of millions of red noses.
What are you doing to raise money on Red Nose Day? Contact the POST newsdesk on (020) 8478 4444.
Don't forget to visit the POST's promotion stand for your goodie bag and a paper on Friday (March 13) between 9.30am and 1.30pm.