Staff put on their pyjamas for Comic Relief
A WEEK of fundraising mayhem will keep shoppers and staff on their toes ahead of this year s Red Nose Day. Readers can join in or simply watch on as staff at Sainsbury s in Chadwell Heath, High Road, will stage the fun events and raise money for Comic R
A WEEK of fundraising mayhem will keep shoppers and staff on their toes ahead of this year's Red Nose Day.
Readers can join in or simply watch on as staff at Sainsbury's in Chadwell Heath, High Road, will stage the fun events and raise money for Comic Relief.
Leg-waxing, a sponsored silence, a quiz night and a pyjama day will aim to encourage staff and customers to give generously in the run-up to the main event on Friday (March 13).
The fun will kick off with a sweets competition next Tuesday followed by a colleague quiz on Wednesday evening.
Staff will be wearing their most flattering pyjamas to work on Thursday, while Friday will see a male member of staff face the hair-raising horror of a leg-waxing session.
The charity provides services to a wide range of good causes, such as help for victims of domestic violence, for people with mental health problems or emergency aid and projects abroad.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 5 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 6 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 9 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 10 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
Comic Relief was formed in 1985 since when it has been collecting money for good causes through the sale of millions of red noses.
What are you doing to raise money on Red Nose Day? Contact the POST newsdesk on (020) 8478 4444.
Don't forget to visit the POST's promotion stand for your goodie bag and a paper on Friday (March 13) between 9.30am and 1.30pm.