Staff put on their pyjamas for Comic Relief
A WEEK of fundraising mayhem will keep shoppers and staff on their toes ahead of this year s Red Nose Day. Readers can join in or simply watch on as staff at Sainsbury s in Chadwell Heath, High Road, will stage the fun events and raise money for Comic R
A WEEK of fundraising mayhem will keep shoppers and staff on their toes ahead of this year's Red Nose Day.
Readers can join in or simply watch on as staff at Sainsbury's in Chadwell Heath, High Road, will stage the fun events and raise money for Comic Relief.
Leg-waxing, a sponsored silence, a quiz night and a pyjama day will aim to encourage staff and customers to give generously in the run-up to the main event on Friday (March 13).
The fun will kick off with a sweets competition next Tuesday followed by a colleague quiz on Wednesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Staff will be wearing their most flattering pyjamas to work on Thursday, while Friday will see a male member of staff face the hair-raising horror of a leg-waxing session.
The charity provides services to a wide range of good causes, such as help for victims of domestic violence, for people with mental health problems or emergency aid and projects abroad.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
Comic Relief was formed in 1985 since when it has been collecting money for good causes through the sale of millions of red noses.
What are you doing to raise money on Red Nose Day? Contact the POST newsdesk on (020) 8478 4444.
Don't forget to visit the POST's promotion stand for your goodie bag and a paper on Friday (March 13) between 9.30am and 1.30pm.