Stateside move works for Edgar
BEAGLES Olympian Tyrone Edgar finished third in the B race at the Golden League opener in Berlin last weekend. The Californian-based athlete finished in 10.33 behind fellow Brits Marlon Devonish and Harry Aikines-Aryeetey. My plan, hopefully, during th
BEAGLES Olympian Tyrone Edgar finished third in the B race at the Golden League opener in Berlin last weekend.
The Californian-based athlete finished in 10.33 behind fellow Brits Marlon Devonish and Harry Aikines-Aryeetey.
"My plan, hopefully, during the next couple of months is to run faster when it counts - that's the trials and then the world champs. Hopefully I will be alright," he said.
"I just need to put stuff together and work on little stuff here and there and I'm confident in coming back here in Berlin for the world champs."
You may also want to watch:
Edgar has been based in the States for a while and the talented sprinter is positive that moving across the pond has been the right thing to do.
"I would say it is the best move I've ever made in my career," he said.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
"The set up there is great and my coach Darrell Smith has helped me a lot. I work hard on a lot of technical stuff.
"I just love Los Angeles and I can't wait to go back there for some hot weather training.