Steve's the star
ILFORD Walking Club sent a squad to contest the final event of the 2008/9 Winter League series of 5km road walks, held over four testing circuits of a course at Bexley on Saturday afternoon. Steve Uttley led the way for the Cricklefields-based club on a c
ILFORD Walking Club sent a squad to contest the final event of the 2008/9 Winter League series of 5km road walks, held over four testing circuits of a course at Bexley on Saturday afternoon.
Steve Uttley led the way for the Cricklefields-based club on a course that he is clearly very much at home with, and where has recorded many good times. It was a case of more of the same as he filled fifth position in 26 minutes and 54 seconds.
In seventh place, Laurence Dordoy continued his recent surge of fine form, passing the timekeeper in an excellent 27.55, while closing the Ilford team in eighth spot was dependable Dave Sharpe in 28.43, enabling the team to finish second behind Tonbridge.
In 18th was Alan O'Rawe in 32.37, 19th was Tony Kelly in 34.04 and in 22nd was Mick Barnbrook in 36.06.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, Ilford's walkers contest the popular Nicola 5-Mile race on Canvey Island seafront, starting at 10.15am.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire